+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Photo Session Fee

CPA Member

Photo Session Fee

I have attended numerous classic car shows over the years and have taken hundreds of artistic images. I'm also the carshow photographer and take images of all the participants at our annual club carshow. I was recently contacted by another car club and they have asked me to take photos of all the participant entries at their car show. They asked me what my fees would be. As I have never charged anyone for taking photographs, I'm looking for some guidance on what would be a reasonable fee to charge. All they want me to do is take photos of all the cars that would be attending the car show. I will simply give them a memory card and they will take the card to a local establishment to have the photos printed. They estimate about 60-75 cars could attend if the weather is good. (Last year, they had 45 cars at their event). I expect to be on site at this carshow for about 4-5 hours. Any suggestions on a session fee would be appreciated.

Thanks...Jeff Hopp
    jhopp55@att.net

Try This

That's a question with a lot of answers. In your case, it sounds like a one shot, hobby deal vs a business. How much is your time and talent worth?

One way to look at is 70 cars in 5 hours, about 4 minutes a car. Pardon the pun, you're going to hopping. If you make 10 images of each, that's 700 images. Nobody wants to plow through all the clinkers so you have to do a rough edit, delete and crop, maybe global adjustments. They're going to get good pictures, better than they can make and they aren't bothered with it. You're giving probably 5 full size images per car with no back end sales opportunity. Try quoting $10 bucks a car with one week delivery of edited images, unlimited personal reproduction rights. Make sure they know they could print BIG prints from these. Don't be shy.

CPA Member
    Thanks for the response and suggestion, Brooke

+ Reply to Thread