+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lens rental?

Lens rental?

Anyone know of a local business that rents out Nikon lenses? If not, has anybody used a online rental service?

Thanks... Brian
    Brian Potter

Southeastern Camera advertises. They've been fair to me on things I've bought. http://www.secrents.com/

CPA Member
    I used Lensrentals.com for a backup D300S for the wedding I shot and I was super pleased. The price was good and the service great. One of the local camera stores (I forget which now) wanted a huge amount of money and a large deposit since it was the first time using them. I didn't mind the deposit as I would get it back but their prices were too high. Lens rental rented the camera body and with the shipping and insurance (I added on) the total was ~$204. As I wanted it on Tuesday the 6th and Monday was Labor Day, they shipped early to make sure I got it on time and I got the extra time at no charge! When you rent for a week, the week ends when you ship it back, not when it arrives back so you have the full week.

I did find a few places cheaper on line but they only had like 9 recommendations where as Lensrentals had 1400+. I'm very pleased with them.

+ Reply to Thread